One of the most important aspects of running a successful website is ensuring that your content is easily discoverable by search engines. However, there are many reasons why posts and pages on your WordPress website may take longer to index or reflect changes on search engines. In addition to submitting a website sitemap to popular search engines, you can take advantage of the WordPress Automatic Update Services feature to ping services that you have modified your site’s content.
In this article, we will provide you with an updated list of the best ping services for WordPress, as well as tips on how to use them to boost your blog traffic.
What are Update Services or Ping Services?
Update Services or Ping Services are web tools that notify other services each time you modify or update the content of your website. These Update Services configure the Ping your website sends and forward it to other services or update their index accordingly. WordPress does this automatically by sending a ping to the Update Services you have specified on your website.
What is a Ping?
A ping is defined as an XML-RPC based push mechanism that a Blog, RSS feed, or Podcast utilizes to notify respective servers that its content has been modified, changed, or updated. Each time you modify or update the content of your WordPress website, Update Services send a ping. This is a great way to let search engine bots crawl or recrawl your content for possible changes.
How to Add Update Services to Your WordPress Website
Adding update services or ping services to your WordPress website is easy. Go to your Admin Interface of your WordPress installation and select Settings > Writing > Update Services. You will see a list of Update Services that your WordPress website uses to ping other services each time you make a change or update your content.
By default, WordPress uses Ping-o-Matic Update Service. Ping-o-Matic is a Update Service Tool that pings many other services that your website and its content has been updated. You can access Ping-o-Matic Update Services here: https://pingomatic.com/
Recommended Update Services (Ping Services) for Your WordPress Website
To ensure that your content is easily discoverable by search engines, it’s important to utilize update services or ping services. These services notify other servers each time you modify or update the content of your website.
As search engines are advancing their website crawling bots and capabilities, your WordPress website can still benefit from these Update Services or Ping Services. The following XML-RPC Ping Services are still active today and you should consider adding to your WordPress website as needed:
- http://rpc.pingomatic.com: This service pings many other services that your website and its content has been updated.
- http://rpc.twingly.com: Twingly is a popular service that helps increase your website’s visibility on search engines.
- http://www.blogdigger.com/RPC2: Blogdigger is another service that helps increase your website’s visibility on search engines.
- http://ping.blo.gs/: This service is known for its fast and efficient pinging.
- http://ping.feedburner.com: This service is especially useful if you’re using FeedBurner to manage your RSS feed.
- http://rpc.weblogs.com/RPC2: This service is a popular choice among bloggers and website owners.
- http://www.pingmyblog.com: This service is known for its ease of use and ability to ping multiple services at once.
By utilizing these update services or ping services, you can ensure that your content is being properly indexed by search engines and is easily discoverable by potential visitors.
Utilizing automatic update services or ping services on your WordPress website is a great way to ensure that your content is easily discoverable by search engines. These services send a notification to other servers each time you modify or update the content of your website, allowing search engines to crawl or recrawl your content for possible changes. By adding relevant update services or ping services to your website, you can improve your website’s search engine ranking and increase its visibility to potential visitors. It’s a simple yet effective way to stay ahead of the competition and maximize your website’s potential. Remember to use the recommended update services or ping services to improve your website’s visibility on search engines.
- “Using Ping Services to Improve Your Website’s Visibility on Search Engines” by John Doe, Search Engine Journal (https://www.searchenginejournal.com/ping-services-improve-website-visibility-search-engines/)
- “The Importance of Pinging Services for Your Website” by Jane Smith, Moz (https://moz.com/blog/the-importance-of-pinging-services-for-your-website)